For this month’s spotlight, we are thrilled to feature one of our international members, Lalaloula. A contributor since 2007, Lalaloula co-hosts the Crafters’ Corner Forum, the Vegetarian/Vegan Forum and the Spain/Portugal Forum. A vegetarian with an adventurous palate, this home cook loves testing out new recipes in the kitchen, especially when baking is involved.
The Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Lalaloula
1) Lalaloula is a mashup of two nicknames: Lala and Loula. Lalaloula’s real name is Laura!
2) She is a German native originally from the big city of Hamburg, now living in the quaint town of Muenster, Germany.
3) She has only visited the United States once, but Lalaloula can’t wait to return for another visit.
4) She is a vegetarian and tries to eat organic food as often as possible. “I’d love to have my own vegetable garden one day, but since I already managed to kill a cactus I probably shouldn’t.”
5) Lalaloula loves baking and can attest to the fact that most of her Food.com recipes feature some kind of flour or sugar. When she’s not satisfying her sweet tooth, Lalaloula finds herself creating healthy, organic recipes such as Oven-Baked Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes with Rosemary and Greek-Inspired Salad.
6) Lalaloula is currently studying law with ambitions of becoming a judge; however, she wouldn’t be opposed to opening a bakery with her twin sister, a fellow baking addict.
7) Despite a citrus allergy, Lalaloula’s first muffin recipe posted was for Zesty Blueberry Muffins — minus the zest.
8) Her most epic cooking flops have been a Pavlova, which never cooked through despite turning more and more brown in the oven, and a VERY spicy chili that couldn’t be saved even after adding 8 cups of unseasoned tomato juice.
9) One of her favorite hobbies is taking pictures of food, whether documenting a dish that she cooked at home or out with friends and family trying something new.
10) Lalaloula prides herself on making birthday cakes for her circle of friends. In fact, she first discovered Food.com through a Google search for a cake recipe. She signed up for the newsletter, came back for more recipes, discovered the forums and soon was hooked!
Recent Members of the Month: